Are you looking for financial support for an unpaid internship, research opportunity or other high impact experience? The University Fellowship Office (UFO) SUPER-Curricular Seed Grants provide funding for promising undergraduate students to build on their undergraduate studies by participating in an EXTRAORDINARY summer experience that should enhance recipients’ competitiveness for prestigious national and international scholarships and fellowships and admission to highly competitive graduate programs. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to propose a creative, original, intellectually engaging project that many students can only dream about! Undergraduate students from all backgrounds and majors are encouraged to apply.
Each year the University Fellowship Office will fund one or more projects up to $5,000 each.Student Submission Form
- Full-time undergraduate student at the time of application (no citizenship requirements)
- Open to all freshmen and sophomore undergraduates, and to junior undergraduate students only if their summer project is for an Honors Thesis (either the University Honors Program or a departmental Honors program.)
Grant proposal should be 1000 words maximum, and include:
- a description of the project, internship or experience;
- a discussion of how the project, internship or experience will facilitate the student’s future application for prestigious fellowships/scholarships or to graduate school; and a
- budget narrative: how much (up to $5,000) student is requesting, and how will such funds be employed?
- one letter of reference from a faculty mentor – this letter should discuss the student’s preparation and qualifications to complete the proposed project, as well as the importance of the project as both a high-impact experience and as a stepping stone to the fellowship application process
Submission Due Date
Applications must be received by January 15, 2020
Applicants will be notified on/before March 1, 2020
Student Submission Form
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your proposal and receive feedback.
*The UFO Super-Curricular Seed Grants have been made possible by a private gift to the University Fellowship Office.